Growing Games: Freelancer Edition
Note: This event will be in English
What does it take, to make it as a freelancer in the Danish games industry?
Join us for an afternoon workshop, prepared specifically for people working as freelancers in the Danish games industry. Through a number of talks, exercises, and panels, we are going to touch upon issues such as:
- How do I get started as a freelancer?
- How do I create a unique profile?
- How do I make myself visible / get hired?
- How do I negotiate the right prize for my services?
- How do a structure a work day?
- How does freelancing compare to a full-time position
- Palle Schmidt, freelance illustrator, writer and comic book artist living in Copenhagen, Denmark and author of “SOLO – Survival guide for create freelancers“. Besides writing his own comics and crime novels , he teaches comics on ComicsForBeginners.com and has a podcast with writer interviews (in Danish) at plotcast.dk, and blogs on palleschmidt.com.
- Thomas Løfgren, award-winning veteran developer, designer and director of games, apps, communities and social media systems.
- Bjørn Jacobsen, Audio designer. MSc. IT. Audio Design. Award-winning audio designer who has worked on titles like HITMAN, Cyperpunk 2077, EVE : Valkyrie, DARQ, and many more
- Morten Brunbjerg, award-winning freelance game writer with 9 years of experience writing and designing stories, narratives, dialogue, and plot.
- Caroline Fangel, Freelance UI, 2D and 3D artist with a number og years of experience from the Danish games industry.
Sign up using the button in the right side-bar